Epoxy River Tables & Reverse River Tables
Types of Epoxy Tables We Offer
Epoxy tables are growing in popularity, and we've been doing more and more custom orders for them. We offer numerous types of epoxy and wood slab tables. This includes:
- Traditional epoxy river tables - Epoxy river tables have an epoxy "river" down the middle between two pieces of a wood slab. The epoxy is clear and can be colored using a dye.
- Reverse river tables - Reverse river tables have a live edge slab in the center of epoxy. A mold is built around the slab in the shape of a rectangle and the epoxy is poured around the wood slab.
- Epoxy pond tables - Oftentimes there will be holes in slabs from where branches were located. When this is the case, we can knock out the loose wood, and fill the hole with epoxy resin. This is what we call an epoxy "pond".
Epoxy Coloring Options
Below you will see a handful of epoxy colors we offer for our river tables. These samples, as well as the colors in pictures above, are the only colors we currently offer. Without knowing the pigment someone used as well as the exact mixture ratios, it's almost impossible to duplicate someone else's work. Check out our samples below and contact us online with the code if you see a color you like!
Customization Options for our Live Edge Epoxy Tables
Since our epoxy tables are custom built we can offer numerous customizations to your piece. This includes:
- Base - We offer finished tabletops with or without a base. The bases we use are custom fabricated by Morris Hill Metal Craft, which is a locally owned and operated business to the Lancaster, PA area. They offer many base types for river tables, which include legs for coffee tables and multiple styles for dining tables. The bases range from 12" to 30" high depending on the type of epoxy river table you want.
- Epoxy Color - We can do many colors of epoxy. It's clear when it's poured without dye, but our supplier offers dyes in essentially any color you may want. Whether you want the epoxy to be yellow, green, blue, orange, red, or any color in between, we have you covered.
- Wood Type - We allow our local customers to come to the shop and pick out a slab. They have the ability to choose from the slabs we have in stock. We have ash slabs, oak slabs, cherry slabs, walnut slabs, sycamore slabs, and maple slabs.
- Size - Since river tables typically don't feature a live edge on the outside, they can be built to exact specifications. We can typically build our custom tables within an inch of the desired specs. We can do epoxy river tables up to 12 feet in length and up to 6 feet wide.
If you have a certain table style you'd like, simply contact us online and send along a picture or link and we can do our best to recreate the piece with the slabs we have available!
Steps For Designing Your Dream River Table
Shop our inventory that's now 100% online and find the slab or slabs that will work for your river table. Walnut is our best selling species, accounting for about 80% of our river table builds.
Epoxy tables are priced based on the size of the river. The more resin the table has, the more expensive the table will be. View our guide below to see what size table is recommend for your family size.
Built-To-Order Epoxy River Tables
If you're ready to buy a river table, epoxy pond table, or reverse river table, trust the experts at Lancaster Live Edge to help. We are expert table builders when they're built using live edge slabs and epoxy resin. All of our epoxy comes from Woodwright Quality Stains & Finishes. They make an industry-leading epoxy resin trusted by table builders across the world. If you're ready to discuss your table build, contact us online!
Building Your Own Epoxy Resin River Table?
If you're a woodworker and want to try your hand at building an epoxy resin table, we can be your go-to wood slab provider. We offer unfinished slabs which will allow you to build the river tabletop yourself. We can also put you in touch with our leg supplier if you'd like a sturdy base for the table you build.